Please schedule your post-op appointment 1-2 weeks after your surgery
Drink liquids and eat lightly for the first one to two days after surgery. After that you should be able to eat normally.
Get plenty of rest. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. You will be sore the first few days after surgery. You may take a shower. You may drive a car two days after your surgery as long as you are feeling up to it.
You may notice a bloody vaginal discharge for the next few days after surgery. Please use pads and refrain from using tampons.
Pain medications will be prescribed for you either before your surgery or before you are discharged home. Do not exceed the dosages written. If you find that the medication prescribed does not control your pain, call the office.
A small to moderate amount of vaginal bleeding is normal after a D & C. Please refrain from having intercourse until post-op appointment. Do not use tampons until your bleeding has completely stopped.
You should have a follow-up appointment with the physician who performed your surgery 2 weeks following your surgery. Call the office at (215) 631-3873 to make an appointment if you haven’t done so already.
Call the Office If:
- You have a fever greater than 101 F.
- You have pain that is not relieved by pain medications.
- You have redness around or leakage from your incision.
- You have heavy vaginal bleeding (i.e., soaking greater than one maxi-pad in one hour).
- You are unable to keep food or liquids down.
- You are unable to urinate or have pain while urinating